Dortches Baptist Church (Rocky Mount, NC) is seeking a Church Secretary
Perform general office work in relieving ministerial staff of clerical duties.
The Secretary works under the supervision of the Pastor.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
· Use word-processing equipment and PowerPoint as required.
· Perform general office work; maintain and distribute supplies and various files; keep records and compile these into periodic or occasional reports.
· Review, open, and distribute mail, answer routine letters in absence of supervisor.
· Maintain church membership records
· Prepare monthly business meeting material
· Maintain and order supplies for the church office
· Maintain record of church member tithes and prepare year end reports
· Prepare various church publications, including postcards, letters, church newsletter, calendar of events, worship service bulletin, etc.
· Receiving callers, personal or telephone; keep calendar of appointments.
· Keep church calendar in paper form and on the church website.
· Establish and maintain operating/communication systems for various committees, church resources, business meetings, and day-to-day functions.
· Act as the church liaison for the use of the church premises for weddings, funerals, and other special occasions.
· Serve as a resource for multimedia support related to worship activities.
· Assist in the development and ongoing maintenance of the DBC website with WordPress and social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.)
· Coordinate orders for Sunday School literature, office supplies and Worship supplies.
· Accept other assignments as needed by the ministerial staff and committee chairpersons.
· Accept other assignments as made by the Pastor and/or Minister of Music.
· Other duties as assigned
· Experience with Power Church or other similar program
· Ability to operate general office machines (i.e. copiers, laminating machine, folding machine)
· Proficient use of Microsoft Office or similar software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint.
· Ability to use web site management software applications.
· Working knowledge of multimedia resources.
· Ability to manage the office environment.
· Ability to organize and/or administrate the office.
· Personally polite and professional in appearance.
· Be conscious for the need for confidentiality of church records
Schedule of Work
The Church Secretary role is a part-time position of approximately 12 to 16 hours per week, to be performed Tuesday through Thursday between the hours of 9am – 1pm.
Part-time hours: 12 per week
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $10.00 – $14.00 per hour
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
To apply, email your resume and references to: